September 6, 2017
Announcing the Bundler, BookFunnel’s scrappy little weekend project that blossomed into a first-class feature.
BookFunnel Bundles, affectionately referred to as “The Bundler” among friends, became quite the fan favorite while in beta! We’ve gotten some great feedback over the last couple months, and we’re pleased to announce several new features to put the cherry on the bundle sundae.
But, for those of you asking, “What is the Bundler? How can I use it? Is it a 1960’s Batman Villain?”
Well, we’ll tell you. The Bundler can take a list of BookFunnel links and slap together a beautiful landing page in seconds. Each author manages their own book and their own link, and the bundle takes care of the rest. When a reader views the landing page, they can easily browse through the available books and download the ones they want (with or without giving up their email, author’s choice).
You can upload a custom header image to feature at the top of the page and even add a bit of text or a call-to-action for readers. Simple, right?
But, we wouldn’t be BookFunnel if all we put out there was a little tool for showing book covers on a web page for you. Sure, this tool is simple. Deceptively simple. You and a group of your author friends can build a promo in minutes, but why would we stop at something you could technically build on your own website?
We’ve packed some powerful promotional features into a few, humble little checkboxes, and each one will make you fall in love with us just a teensy bit more (“Impossible!” you say? Read on…).
What Can It Do?
So glad you asked! Here are just a few of the powerful things you can do with BookFunnel Bundles and Group Promotions:
- Set a start and end date, we’ll will take care of the rest
- Show readers a coming soon message and a peek at the books to come
- Show them a different message when it’s all over
- Enhanced browsing navigation for readers
- Limit the number of available copies and let the books fall off as they run out
- Add a countdown timer to create scarcity and prod procrastinators
- Add social media sharing icons to spread the word
- Randomize the book cover order so that everyone gets a fair shake
- Feature your own books or those of a headliner so that they are always on top
- Statistics tell you how your promo is doing and which books are getting the attention
- Send out tracking links to everyone participating and see who is driving the traffic
- Set each book to its own date and create a promo that features one book a day
- Create a promo where three new books are added each day the promo goes on
- Create a promo where all the books are visible but only one is available each day
- Send messages to all of the authors in your promo, right from your dashboard
- Export a CSV of statistics to hoard for yourself or share with all of the participating authors
- And so much more!
You get all of that when you create a promotion on BookFunnel. All of those features, and it takes about two minutes to post.
Ready to build a group promo, but short on authors in your genre to promote with? Don’t grub around KBoards or resurrect an ancient Facebook post. Find active promotions in your genre by clicking Promotions right on your dashboard.
Never miss a post!
Follow the BookFunnel Blog and we’ll notify you when we have a new post.