September 23, 2022
We’re back for the last feature announcement of Christmas in September. If you’re just joining us, we’ve spent the last three weeks pushing out every new feature we can before we run out of breath. If you haven’t been following along, you’ve missed:
- Beautiful ebook samples
- Visible watermarks that you control
- Bulk delivery for Kickstarter and Patreon
- The Amazing BookFunnel App
- Read Now Links for samples anywhere
- Restricted Book Delivery for keeping your books safe
- Checkout Delivery Pages for helping those direct buyers
- Gumroad integration for selling direct
- Today’s announcement!
Just one more to share.
As direct selling has taken off in the indie community, we’re seeing more and more of you jump into the pool and try it out. There are lots of apps and platforms out there you can use to sell direct, and you get to keep all the monies. BookFunnel only steps in to handle the delivery, so we don’t take a cut of your sales.
Yesterday, we announced integration with Gumroad, which is one of the simplest and least-expensive options for selling direct. But, it lacks some of the power features you can get with larger, more complex platforms. You’ve reached out over the years, asking for a sales platform that offers more advanced (up)selling features.
So, here you go!
Announcing Thrivecart Integration
Do you know Thrivecart? If you’re serious about selling direct, or if you’re planning to be serious in the near-future, you should give them a look. Thrivecart is a whole selling platform, all bundled into an easy-to-use dashboard with hosting included.
Thrivecart has too many crazy cool features to list, but here’s a snapshot:
- Bump products for getting readers to “supersize” every purchase
- Upsells, downsells, tripwires, and product funnels
- Coupons, discounts, trial offers, and pay-what-you-want pricing
- Subscriptions and user management
- Everything is customizable
- They handle all of the hosting
- One-page, embeddable popup carts
- Sales tax calculation and collection on the Pro Plan
The feature list and customization options feel endless, and, they’re all built right into Thrivecart’s dashboard. Seriously, just check out their homepage. It is a massive platform built for professionals selling direct. We’ve been testing it for weeks, and we’ve still only scratched the surface of what this baby can do.
The Catch, Maybe?
So, what’s the catch? The price. It’s $495 for lifetime access ($695 for the Pro Plan).
This is a one-time payment, and Thrivecart does not take any percentage of your sales. They do all of the hosting of your website and store, and they manage everything. For life. Their website claims the lifetime access is a limited time offer, so we don’t know if or when the “deal” might end. We’ll be sure to update this post if it changes.
Thrivecart is an amazing platform with a steep upfront investment. None of our existing sales platforms provided enough power for advanced sellers (without adding plugins and apps, which have their own costs and complications), so we searched for a new platform that offered more. After looking at many comparable services (some started at $150-$400 per month), we’re amazed at the depth and breadth of tools Thrivecart offers for a flat fee.
We want to provide the best delivery experience for ebooks and audiobooks no matter how you’re selling, and that means integrating with every level of store platforms, from big to small.
Thrivecart sales integration is available now on every BookFunnel plan.
That’s a Wrap!
Well, that’s it! Nine new, fantastic features launched in only three weeks. Amazing new tools for indie authors to build their businesses.
It always feels good to release a new product, but, gotta say, these last few weeks really have us beaming with pride.
We’ve wanted some of these features for a very long time, and it took years to put all of the pieces in place. We’re thrilled that they’re out in the world and already making authors (and readers!) happy.
We still have more to talk about in the coming weeks, but right now we need a nap.
Until next time, authors.
* This is not a sponsored post and BookFunnel has no affiliation with Thrivecart. We purchased a copy just like anyone else. This does remind me of another Thrivecart feature, though… you can build your own affiliate programs on the Pro Plan!